Well, that was amazing!
In the end, this World Environment Day was so much more than we could have imagined.
It's hard to narrow it down, but - of everything that happened yesterday - we've pulled out six achievements that stood out. Take a look.
1. The Government of India made an astonishing commitment to ban all single-use plastics by 2022. Get the details here.
3. Pledges to tackle plastic pollution flooded in from around the world. From Woolworths to the International Olympic Committee, from Honduras to Nigeria - companies, governments and organizations lined up to #BeatPlasticPollution.
4. #BeatPlasticPollution tag went viral. From Hollywood to Bollywood, from the corporate world to community groups, our tag game took off. More than 500,000 tweets used the #WorldEnvironmentDay hashtag, which was the #1 trending topic worldwide.
5. Our engagement in China was off the charts. #BeatPlasticPollution was the top-trending hashtag on Weibo, one of China’s largest social media platform, with tagged posts appearing in front of some 230 million users on 5 June. Our Chinese Goodwill Ambassadors led the charge, with Li Chen’s video alone racking up more than 7.3 million views.
6. Thousands of you got outside and did something yesterday. From a group of nuns in Trinidad and Tobago, to school kids in Bahrain, to sherpas in Nepal, to this woman who wore a bottle dress on the streets of New York - you guys showed up yesterday. So thank you! We couldn't have done it without you.