On 5 June 2019, World Environment Day will be on the theme of “air pollution”— a call to action to combat one of the greatest environmental challenges of our time. Hosted by China, World Environment Day invites us all to consider how we can make changes in our daily lives to reduce air pollution, which in turn can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and benefit people’s health too. China has demonstrated tremendous leadership in tackling air pollution domestically and its commitment to improving air quality can serve as an inspiration to countries around the world.
Together we can #BeatAirPollution and governments around the world are invited to take part. Explore this site to learn about the different types of air pollution and why they matter to you using infographics, quizzes, and stories from around the world.
Discover how can businesses get involved
Why not use World Environment Day to make pledges on reducing emissions and investing in research and development to imagine new and less damaging ways of doing business.
- Make a pledge to use recyclable materials for your products.
- Host a company tree planting day.
- Use World Environment Day to ensure your power supply is renewable.
- Think about using fresh air ventilation for cooling or install ultra-efficient, hydrofluorocarbon-free cooling.
- Make a pledge to buy low-emission or electric vehicles for the company fleet.
- Consider how you can reduce emissions of air pollutants from facilities and supply chains.
- Register your event here.